Seriously...

This blog is my way of coming to terms with my own issues with depression. If you are experiencing signs of depression or are thinking of hurting yourself, PLEASE seek professional help. You can talk to someone at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or 1-800-784-2433. There is a TTY line at 1-800-799-4TTY (4889) for the Deaf and hard-of-hearing.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

For a very short time, I was the voice of positivity at my new part-time job. I was the one wondering why everyone else focused on the negative. Every day I fought against the "it's going to be a shitty day" mentality. After three weeks, they have worn me down. [Cue Rachel Yamagata song of the same name.] Now I dread each day just like everybody else. And I only work three days a week! I really thought I was on to something. I tried to see each challenge as a learning experience. I tried to face each day with a positive attitude, even if I had to manufacture it. Now, the old demons have crept back in. The end of the weekend is the ringing of the death knell. I could, to quote PJ's latest song 'The Fixer', "fight to get it back again," but what's the point? It is such a struggle to stay positive. Perhaps, as I conjectured at the outset, it just isn't my natural state. Then again, I honestly believe that joy SHOULD BE our natural emotion. Why can't I find it??? The frustration alone is enough to bring me down. It reminds me of a song I used to sing when I attended Christian elementary school, "Show me the way, the way to go home." Show me the way to be content, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment